News and notes from across the interweb:
- Good learn essential of Cathay Pacific’s administration tradition. Cathay is managed by Swire Pacific, which is in flip managed by John Swire & Sons Ltd. which receives 2.5% of pretax revenue as a administration price and rotates managers throughout its companies even with out aviation expertise.
- How bank card issuer Credit One Bank prospered due to Capital One’s look-alike rebranding
- Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs and New York depart Starwood after January three. Several years in the past Starwood sued arguing these accommodations have been defrauding the SPG program faking their occupancy ranges to extend reimbursement on free night time awards.
- In the face of commerce sanctions by the Trump administration, Airbus is actually taking on Bombardier’s C collection undertaking with plans to construct planes within the U.S.. In the meantime Delta could assign a part of its C Series order to Aeromexico (which is 49% owned by Delta) to keep away from hefty duties.
Swiss International Air Lines new Bombardier CSeries passenger jet on show at Singapore Airshow, Copyright: prestonia / 123RF Stock Photo
- Bangkok fails to win three stars in debut Michelin eating information. (HT: David H.) I a lot loved each Nahm and Sra Bua. I by no means felt the necessity to go to L’Atalier Joel Robuchon in Bangkok since I’ve been in Paris and Las Vegas.
Though general I discover the worth of wonderful eating in Bangkok to be excellent in a method Michelin information received’t ever ‘get’. And it’s spectacular that one road vendor earned a Michelin star.
Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin
- El Al is the world’s worst-performing main airline inventory and they’ve a pilot drawback. Starting pilots earn over US$200,00zero per 12 months.
- Here’s who’s getting paid by Delta, American, and United to foyer for commerce restrictions in opposition to Emirates, Etihad, and Qatar. I consider Reines, who performed Donald Trump within the Hillary Clinton marketing campaign’s inside mock debates, left Beacon within the fall.
The partnership has “spent lavishly” in opposition to open skies agreements, hiring a number of Democratic companies, together with $1.7 million with SKDKnicerkbocker, and different companies run by former Obama and Hillary Clinton aides. The Partnership for Open and Fair Skies additionally paid Beacon Global Strategies, led by Clinton alum Philippe Reines, $280,00zero, and $620,00zero to the Messina Group, based by Jim Messina, Obama’s 2012 marketing campaign supervisor.
Its spokesperson is SKDKnickerbocker’s Jill Zuckman, additionally a former official within the Obama Department of Transportation.
…Anita Dunn, the previous Obama White House communications director, and Bill Burton, a longtime Obama aide, are each managing administrators at SKDKnickerbocker. A non-public-equity agency managed by Mark Penn, the chief strategist for Hillary Clinton’s failed 2008 marketing campaign, bought SKDKnickerbocker in 2015.